Monday, February 28, 2005

Be gentle!

I'm new to this whole "blogging" thing, so please be gentle until I get my brain in gear or, more likely, at least become a little more "crusty". I've always fancied myself to be a fair communicator. Now's my chance to find out if that's really true, or if that perception should be put to bed with my dreams of becoming the first 55 yr. old, short, slow, NBA superstar.

Yesterday, the team I play on in our local YMCA "Gentleman's League" had our third and final scrimmage before the start of league play this week. Each of our "scrimmages" have had the following similarity: the opposing team has beaten the crap out of us. Yesterday's skirmish was against a team of semi-pros whose center was 6 ft. 7 in. tall, and weighed 300 plus pounds. Our "man-to-man" defense was amazing. Aaron, the chosen sacrificial lamb who defended this behemoth, is all of 5 ft. 9 in. tall and about 180 lbs. Aaron draped himself over this mountain of a man--hacking, hitting, tripping, and jumping on him--all to no avail. Undoubtedly, our team will be the bottom-feeders of the 8-team league. As far as person goals are concerned, I'd like to use this to stay in shape, which assumes I will not be permanently injured by an opposing "gentleman".

1 Comments:

Blogger Amey said...

Welcome to the blogging world, Bill. A few days ago I posted an offer to interview other bloggers. Let me know if you'd like to be interviewed. I might be able to come up with a few good questions for you...heh heh.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home