Thursday, March 17, 2005

Pet Peeve

One of my pet peeves is when other people try to force their views regarding nutrition on me. They think that just because they enjoy concocting these odorless (?), tasteless, low calorie food prescriptions, that we ALL need to do this. I say there are MANY ways a healthy lifestyle. My personal favorite snack of choice is a big chunk of Hershey's dark chocolate. It just "tastes right". So what could possibly be wrong with lots of these delicious Hershey health supplements? Of course, I'm being facetious here. While its true that I do enjoy an occasional bite of "Hershey Heaven", I know that a steady diet of chocolate would not be good for my health. Similarly, the belief that some strongly hold to that there are many ways to get to heaven does not agree with Biblical orthodoxy. Many professing Christians even hold to this view, which flies in the face of scripture. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life," and elsewhere emphacized that the road leading to eternal life was "narrow". The "PC" (politically correct) take on this belief in a "narrow" way to eternal life held by followers of Jesus is that it is a "narrow minded" view. As followers of the Lord Jesus, we should not allow ourselves to be intimidated by the "label makers" of this world. Stand firm, Christian.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amey said...

So, are you admitting that hypothetically a person would be right to give their loved ones a kick in the pants regarding their eating habits?

Not that I ever do that.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home